What is Pilates Reformer?
The equipment Pilates Reformer was developed by creator of Pilates, Joseph Pilates. This workout equipment looks like a bed with a flat carriage. It moves on wheels within its frame. It is attached to a set of springs which differs the levels of resistance while the carriage is pulled or pushed along this frame. This equipment helps to enhance our flexibility, build strong muscles, better our balance, make us stronger, increase our coordination, build strong core, better our overall posture, focuses on injury prevention etc.
Today, personal trainers are also strong advocates of exercises on Pilates Reformer.
Difference between Mat Pilates and Reformer Pilates –
The traditional way of doing Pilates being the mats, many newcomers often wonder which one is the better way of doing Pilates i.e. on a mat or a Reformer.
- In case of a mat, our own body weight creates resistance while on a reformer, its pulleys and springs create the resistance.
- In case of a reformer, the resistance created helps to do more challenging workouts than mat classes.
- In case of a reformer, usually the results are visible sooner than when we do on mats.
- The amount of resistance in case of a mat varies but in case of a reformer it can be regulated.
Benefits of Pilates Reformer Exercises –
- These exercises, helps to improve overall posture of our body. It improves our body composition.
- The pushing and pulling with legs and arms against the resistance of the reformer, helps to build strength.
- Pilates Reformer Exercises also helps to strengthen our core muscles.
- Pilates Reformer accommodates full-range motion. Doing exercises on this equipment, guarantees that we will move our body through a full range of motion.
- It helps to increase our flexibility, coordination and balance.
- Reformers are very user friendly. We can adjust it’s parts as per our body size and our level of skill.
- The best thing about Pilates Reformer is its versatility! We can exercise on it by sitting, standing, lying down, pulling the straps etc. We can also workout on it with additional equipment.
- Pilates Reformer is adequately designed for eccentric contraction. This helps to build strong muscles without bulking.
- Doing Pilates on Pilates Reformer, helps to relieve joint pains and muscle pulls.
- We get faster results from Pilates Reformer.
Some of the Pilates Reformer Exercises are as follows –
Pilates Reformer Exercises has a vast variety or range. It is suitable for beginners and also for advanced practitioners.
- Running on the Pilates Reformer.
- Stomach Massage (Rounded).
- Stomach Massage (Arms Back).
- The Reformer Footwork.
- Elephant on Pilates Reformer.
- Leg Circles on the Pilates Reformer.
- Short Box (Round Back).
- Short Box (Flat Back).
- Knee Stretch on Pilates Reformer.
Saying all these, there is no denying the fact that, Pilates reformer exercises works wonders and help us to lose weight quickly without feeling like we are exercising at all! Moreover, this interesting equipment keeps us motivated throughout our workout. We tend to attend these fun filled workout sessions more regularly thereby helping ourselves to achieve our targets faster! This equipment also has a lot of mental health benefits. However, the forms and postures are very important for our own wellbeing and for that the best idea is to hire a personal trainer who will train us the correct ways to use this amazing workout equipment as per our goals.
Finding your personal trainer has been made easier with StringsSG!
STRINGSSG provides you a platform WHERE YOU CAN FIND THE BEST personal trainers TO LOOK AFTER YOUR fitness and help you achieve your target!
Click here StringsSG to get your Personal Trainer in just 2 mins!
So, what are you waiting for? With StringsSG, your dream will be our responsibility!